I am a huge fan of making my own DIY candy bars. Making your own candy allows you to control the ingredients in them, like using high-quality fair trade chocolate. It also makes it easier to make your own unique creations. This low-fat chocolate marshmallow bark is one of my favorite candies to make. It comes together in no time and makes a great treat to snack on without too much guilt.
You can use any chocolate that you prefer for this quick and easy candy recipe. You can even melt a bag of chocolate chips to use if you want. However, the higher quality chocolate you can get the better the end product will be. When it comes to milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or even white chocolate it’s just a matter of preference.
Jump to Recipe
How to Make Low Fat Chocolate Marshmallow Bark
Now, naturally, the type of chocolate that you use to make this chocolate marshmallow bark will affect just how low-fat this recipe is. Dark chocolate is generally believed to be the best for weight loss. In fact, it’s the all-around best chocolate choice when it comes to making a healthy change to your diet. Dark chocolate can help regulate your blood pressure and cholesterol. It is also full of antioxidants that help to keep your cells healthy.
1 pkg marshmallows ( you can use miniature marshmallows or cut down larger ones )
10 – 12 ounces of chocolate
1 tsp vanilla
Begin by melting the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals. Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate on the stovetop in a double boiler.
Pour the marshmallows into a parchment paper-lined 9 x 9 baking pan. Be sure that they are flattened down into an even layer in the pan and evenly spread out.
Once the chocolate has melted pour it over the marshmallows and use a spatula to gently smooth the chocolate over all of the marshmallows.
Put the whole pan in the fridge for about an hour to chill so that it hardens up completely. Once it is completely set use a large knife to cut it down into 1-2 inch squares.
Low Fat Chocolate Marshmallow Bark
- 1 pkg miniature marshmallows
- 10-12 oz chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate in microwave at 30 second intervals, being sure to stir well between each round in the microwave. Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate on the stovetop in a double boiler.
- Pour the marshmallows into a parchment paper-lined 9x9 baking pan and smooth them out until you have an even layer of marshmallows.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the marshmallows and use a spatula to gently smooth the chocolate over the marshmallows, being sure that all of the marshmallows are covered in chocolate and the chocolate is evenly distributed.
- Place the whole pan in the fridge for about an hour to harden. Once completely set use a large knife to cut the chocolate marshmallow bark into 1 to 2-inch squares.
How to Store Chocolate Marshmallow Bark
As with many different chocolate recipes, your climate will really dictate how this recipe needs to be stored. In cooler locations, it will do just fine on the counter in an airtight container for a few weeks. If you live in a warmer climate, you will need to store this recipe in the refrigerator in an airtight container to keep the chocolate from melting.