There is nothing better than the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Ok, maybe warm melty chocolate. Or perhaps soft chewy peanut butter cookies. What about if you added both of those together? Well, my friend, you would have a recipe for incredibly delicious homemade peanut butter blossom cookies, and that’s just what I have for you today!
For me, these cookies are a must-have around Christmas. There are a number of Christmas cookies that I crave each year but these homemade peanut butter blossom cookies definitely top that list! They are simple enough that kids can easily help with them. Older kids should be able to make these on their own! ( Of course, adults should always supervise.)Jump to Recipe
How to make Homemade Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
You should already have most of the ingredients for this simple cookie recipe on hand. The only thing that I really get picky about with my peanut butter cookies is the use of natural peanut butter. This helps to stop added sugar and hydrogenated oil from getting into your cookies. A good natural peanut butter should be made from peanuts, and maybe a little salt…and that’s it!
1/2 C light brown sugar
1/2 C granulated sugar
1/2 C unsalted butter, softened
1/2 C natural peanut butter
1 medium egg
1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 pkg Hershey’s Kisses
Combine the peanut butter, butter, and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium until it is smooth and fluffy. Add the egg to the mixture and blend until it is completely combined.
Sift the dry ingredients ( except for the Hershey’s Kisses ) into a separate mixing bowl and use a whisk to lightly stir until everything is just combined.
Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the bowl of the stand mixer and blend until everything is combined.
Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and cover with plastic wrap or a reusable beeswax storage wrap. Place the whole thing into the fridge to chill for about 30 to 45 minutes.
Once the chilling time has elapsed you can use a spoon or a cookie scoop to transfer 1 1/2 inch balls of dough to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies just begin to turn golden brown around the edges. You want to keep an eye on them as oven times can vary.
Unwrap enough kisses for each pan of cookies as they come out of the oven, and carefully press a kiss down onto the top of each cookie. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for about 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
How to Store Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
These cookies do best when they are stored on the countertop in an airtight container. They will generally last up to about a week.
If you would like to hang onto them a little longer you can put them into the freezer in an airtight container for about 1 to 2 months. ( Just remember to thaw it out so that the chocolate kisses aren’t rock solid when you take a bite of them!)
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- ½ C light brown sugar
- ½ C granulated sugar
- ½ C unsalted butter softened
- ½ C natural peanut butter
- 1 med egg
- 1½ C all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 pkg Hershey's kisses
- Combine peanut butter, butter, and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium until smooth.
- Add the egg and blend until combined.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and stir lightly with a whisk until just combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the stand mixer and blend until just combined.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and cover with plastic wrap to chill for 30-45 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F when you have about 15 minutes left in the chill time.
- Roll the dough into 1½ inch balls. You can roll these in colored sugar if you would like, or leave them as they are.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies just begin to brown slightly around the edges.
- Cool the cookies for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then press a Hershey's kiss into the top of each cookie.
- Remove the cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.